Friday, August 26, 2005

Katrina moving Southwest...huh

Katrina, Katrina. Well within the probable track....it has decided to take quite a little jog to the southwest. This manuever wasn't quite expected. I guess it was almost a good thing, since it stayed over the Everglades and away from population. The bad news about this little southwest movement is that it hit into Miami-Dade and Broward Counties more. I just hope my stuff in storage in Dade is OK?

The Weathervine crew (Jeff, Chris, and Jim) did intercept I believe in the Palm Beach area. We (as always) like to intercept the Eye at its northeast corner where the most significant winds are. Actually with the slow movement and a westerly track the maximum winds might have even been in the north and northwest portion of the eye. I will get information from Jeff soon.

Katrina is slowing moving into the Gulf of Mexico, and expected to turn to the right and move north in a gradual curve and head toward the Florida panhandle (yes, another system headed to the panhandle). However, I have my suspitions about the model tracks and predictions. The movement so far south from the initial models may have but the storm in a new storm pattern. I will look into this further later in the day as I am monitoring the movement. To early to give a predition as to a different heading, but I do have my doughts.

More later today!

No comments: