Thursday, August 25, 2005

Katrina heating up, about to make landfall

Hurricane Katrina (weak Cat.1 ) is slowly moving toward the southeast coast of Florida. The area between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale will likely see the strongest winds from this system. Of course, it would hit this area, since I was living there just a few months ago, and can't travel there at this time (medical reasons). Another case of proof for the "Foster Affect".

I will be closely monitoring this storm the rest of this evening. I'm also hoping to get in touch with Jeff Gammons (Weathervine.com), Chris Collura (Sky-chaser.com) or Jim Edds (Extremestorms.com) who are in position for this storm.

The MTV awards show is (was) suppose to be this weekend in South Beach. It will be very interesting to see if that event continues. When I lived on South Beach in 2004 I noticed many folks there did not take Hurricane evacuations very seriously, and knowing how pushy these MTV folks are, they likely won't back down, and could become a costly mistake.

I've missed intercepting this storm, but still hoping to intecept a storm before the close of the 2005 season.

No comments: