Monday, May 29, 2006

600 miles to target

Lots of driving today. I will be driving on the west side of the trouph to take advantage of the wind direction. In the minivan it makes a difference, plus every bit of fuel economy saved is worth it.

One thing about fuel....the E10 (Ethanol 10%) blend I used in the past two fill-ups saw a noticable decrease in fuel economy. I will know the actual mpg later this morning when I top off, but it is likely droped to 18mph highway.....not good. I have managed to get upto 21 mph on flat terrain with favorable wind.

Back to chasing. Today's target is for Eastern Kansas. Right now, it doesn't matter where, because it's going to be anywhere I can get to them. I will try to stay on major routes, and get wifi updates from time to time. I also will be approaching the storms from the west, so if they initiate before I get there, I will have to move south to avoid any core punching.

I think today will be fairly good day.

No comments: