Tuesday, May 15, 2007

It's starting to get hot in here


It's not summer yet, but we're getting there. Temperature are expected to raise to 86 degress today. I nice and hot one. Well maybe warm. 90 to me officially makes it hot. However, dew points are modest to low, around the mid 50s, so not a lot of humidity to worry about.

I'm sure the next day or two will see and increase in humidity as the next front (and thunderstoms) approach the region. Tomorrow's high's aren't expected to reach into the 80s, but late day thunderstorms may still be a possiblity.

The last system that passed did so during the overnight hours and had already lost the daytime heating, which meant little convection to enhance the system. The incoming system, as the forecast graphic shows, will have lots of moisture with it, so event if there isn't a lot of strong thunderstorms, we could be looking at flooding conditions.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice blog, and I must admit your job/hobby is a great deal more interesting than mine. I was wondering if you would care to submit this post to the Wicked Winds blog carnival that I am hosting? It’s a new blog carnival and I would really appreciate the submission. Of course feel free to submit any of your other posts that you feel would be appropriate as well.