Wednesday, March 28, 2007

First thunderstorm of the season

Today (March 27), we had the first thunderstorm in the area. After working hard all day in the yard (took the day off from the office), I was with playing with my dog and cat when the first clap of thunder startled us all.

It was the warmest day we've had so far this season reaching 80 degress in the 'burbs, and about 83 downtown. That warmth, and the a little bit of humidity compliments of the warm front, we had a few isolates showers. Funny enough, while the storm did provide a little bit of lightning (and one good CG), we ended up with no rain at my residence. Others to the south reported rain, and the cell grew to a decent storm when it reached the Baltimore area.

I look forward to chasing locally this year, as medical reason will likely mean I can't chase in the west this year. However, I am preparing for the Hurricane season, which appears to be an above active season.

No comments: